Friday, February 25, 2011

WRC of SLC Member, Julie Dole, Running for SLCo GOP Chair

This is fabulous news!  Please join me in supporting WRC of SLC member, Julie Dole, for chair of the Salt Lake County Republican Party.  If anyone would like to assist with her campaign, please contact her as soon as possible.  Her contact information is listed below.  Thank you.   The election will be held at the Salt Lake Central Committee Meeting on Thursday, March 17th.


Julie has authored the following (which I copied from her Facebook page):
Q. Why am I running?
A. I have the skills and background developed through many years in different positions in the county and state parties to make a good office better.  With the leadership I will provide, we can continue moving forward and improve on the successes of the past several years.

Q. What will happen to the Political Director position?
A. With the current funding available, this position will cease to exist.  One of my priorities as chair will be to raise money to avoid this outcome; allowing the county party to keep working on improved organization and communication.  The year and a half I’ve spent in this position, gives me the intimate ability to work with the county leadership to find the right fit for the counties needs.

Q. Is there a conflict in being a chair candidate while you are still the Political Director?
A. In our county Bylaws, ARTICLE III Party Officers, Section 7. Restriction on Eligibility for Party Office, there is no restriction for county party staff.  All elections are handled by an Election Committee with a chair appointed by the Chair or Acting Chair of the county party.  As a person of integrity, I give my promise, that I will recuse or remove myself from any possible conflicts of interest, always deferring to the officers direction, so that the reputation of the party will not be harmed and the daily operations of the county party will continue without interruption.

Please contact me (801.699.7987 mobile or julieanndole@gmail.com) anytime with questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment